TAQA’s oil and gas operations in Europe are focused on safely and efficiently maximizing economic recovery and life extension, driving operational excellence and effectively managing integrity, while at the same time taking ownership of and planning for decommissioning.

Oil and Gas Assets
Cormorant Alpha

161km northeast of Lerwick, Shetland

Cormorant Alpha is a TAQA-owned and operated fixed installation serving as a manned drilling and production installation for the South Cormorant field in Block 211/26a in the East Shetland Basin of the northern North Sea. Oil from Cormorant Alpha is exported to Sullom Voe Terminal in the Shetlands via the Brent System.  Gas from Cormorant Alpha also joins the Western Leg Gas Pipeline link to the FLAGS.

Eider

184km northeast of Lerwick, Shetland

Eider is a TAQA-owned and operated fixed installation serving as a Utility facility for the Otter Field, in Block 210/15a in the East Shetland Basin of the northern North Sea.

North Cormorant

(177km north-east of Lerwick, Shetland)

North Cormorant is a TAQA-owned and operated fixed installation serving as a manned drilling and production installation for the North Cormorant field in Block 211/21 in the East Shetland Basin of the northern North Sea.

Tern Alpha

(169km north-east of Lerwick, Shetland)

Tern Alpha is a TAQA-owned and operated fixed installation serving as a manned drilling and production installation for the Tern field in block 210/25 in the East Shetland Basin of the northern North Sea. It also serves as a production facility for the Hudson, Kestrel, Falcon and Cladhan fields.

Harding

(320 km north-east of Aberdeen)

Harding is a jack-up production unit serving as a manned production facility for the Harding field, in Block 9/23b in the central North Sea. TAQA has a 70% interest in the Harding field and is the operator. The other partner is Maersk, who holds 30%.

Brent System pipeline

The Brent System Pipeline connects TAQA’s operated Cormorant Alpha platform to the Sullom Voe Terminal in Shetland. The pipeline carries approximately 45,000 boepd, or approximately 5% of the UK’s oil production. TAQA also has a 24% non-operated interest in the Sullom Voe Terminal.

Brae Area

The Brae fields lie approximately 170 miles (274 km) north-east of Aberdeen principally within three UK Blocks: 16/7a, 16/3a and 16/3b. TAQA Bratani Limited is the operator. TAQA Bratani Limited, TAQA Bratani LNS Limited, RockRose Energy Centrica Resources Limited, and JX Nippon Exploration and Production (UK) Limited are equity partners.

Brae Alpha commenced production in 1983, Brae Bravo in 1988 (with cessation of production in December 2018) and East Brae in 1993. The Central and West Brae/Sedgwick sub-sea tiebacks to Brae Alpha commenced production in 1989 and 1997, respectively. The Braemar sub-sea tieback to East Brae commenced production in 2003, followed by the Devenick sub-sea tieback in 2012.

Liquids from the Brae Area are exported via the Forties pipeline to Cruden Bay and then on to Kinneil near Grangemouth. Gas is transported via the Scottish Area Gas Evacuation (SAGE) pipeline to the SAGE terminal at St. Fergus.

Bergen II Concession

The Bergen II production area, located in the Dutch province of North-Holland, consists of production locations in Bergen, Groet and Schermer. The Bergen Drying Facility performs as the central gas processing and compression facility. It began in the 1960s through TAQA’s predecessors, Amoco and BP.

P15 and P18 blocks in the Dutch North Sea

The P15 and P18 infrastructure is situated 35 km northwest off the coast of Hoek van Holland. It consists of oil and gas production facilities including the central P15-ACD complex and several satellite production platforms. Condensate, oil and natural gas are transported to shore by pipelines.

The P15-ACD platform complex is an important hub for treatment and processing of third-party oil and gas. Approximately 15 oil and gas fields tie-in to P15. After treatment, the oil is delivered into a refinery in the port of Rotterdam and gas is delivered directly into the Dutch national gas grid.

Subscribe to Taqa Global.